A major credit card is required to reserve an RV site. Your credit card will be charged for one night per week at the time of reservation.
All sites are equipped with 30/50 Amp Electric service, water, sewer, cable TV and Wi-Fi. Every attempt will be made to accommodate specific site requests, however, a reservation for a specific site is not guaranteed.
An early or late checkout may be available for a $25 fee. Please contact the front desk for availablility at (706) 746-2722.
While we hope you never need to cancel, please read the following
The River Vista cancellation policy is related to the timeframe between the cancellation date and your anticipated arrival date, regardless of when the reservation was made. Please understand that camping is meant to be an outdoor experience; we do not give refunds for situations beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, illness), however, can issue a credit per the cancellation guidelines below.
- RV Site cancellations are subject to a $15 cancellation fee; Cabin cancellations are subject to a $25 cancellation fee.
- Online reservations may only be cancelled via phone call to the park office, (706) 746-2722. Customers should receive a cancellation confirmation email after their reservations have been cancelled.
- Special rate and discount packages may not be combined and must be paid in full; refunds are not allowed.
- No refunds or credits for early departures.
- A reservation cancelled at least 30 days prior to arrival date will result in a refund less a per site/cabin cancellation fee.
- A reservation cancelled less than 30 days, but at least 10 days prior to arrival date will be entitled to a credit voucher for a future stay at River Vista, less a per site/cabin cancellation fee. Credit vouchers expire one year from issue date.
- A reservation cancelled less than 10 days prior to arrival date will receive no refund or credit.
- If you do not call to cancel or show up on your arrival date (no-show), your credit card will be charged the full amount of your reservation. No-shows will receive no refund or credit.
- If you need to change your dates, you may do so at any time up to 10 days before your arrival date for a $5 date change fee. Reservations cancelled within 10 days are not eligible for a date change.
The Cancellation Policy is subject to change without notice.
PET POLICY – RV PARK
River Vista Mountain Village RV Park allows pets. RV guests are allowed two pets (at no additional charge) for RV sites. Additional pets are $10 each/per site night. Aggressive dogs are not allowed in the park. River Vista does not have breed or size restrictions.
- All dogs are required to be under the control and visual observation of their owner at all times. A 6 foot leash rule is in effect whenever the animal is outside the owner’s RV. There is no exception to the leash rule. If the leash rule is violated, you will be asked to leave the property with no refund.
- A pet may never be tied up outside of an RV and left unattended. Owner must remain outside with their pet if pet is tied up outside.
- We have a dog park where well behaved dogs may play off leash with owner’s supervision.
- Owners of pets must be responsible and immediately pick up after their pet and deposit waste in pet waste bins located in and around the dog park/RV Park.
- Please respect other guests and only walk pets in designated “pet” areas.
- No pets are allowed inside the pool area, activity halls, rest rooms, pavilion areas or any other indoor common areas.
- Pets may not interfere with the peace and quiet of other guests. If your dog is disturbing other guests, you will be asked to control your dog. You may also be asked to leave the park. There will be no refunds if you are asked to leave.
- Cats are allowed at the RV resort but may not roam freely in the park and must remain in the RV.
PET POLICY- CABINS
In addition to the above, the following policies relate to cabin rentals:
- We allow up to three dogs in select cabins.
- No cats are allowed in cabins.
- A pet fee is assessed at $50 per week and includes two dogs. Each additional dog is an additional $25 per week.
- Dogs must be kenneled if left alone in a cabin. If a dog is found to be left alone and not kenneled, a $250 charge will be charged to the credit card on file regardless of whether any damage has been done.
- If your dog causes any damage to your cottage or any other areas of the resort, you will be financially responsible for this damage and your credit card will be charged a minimum of $250.00.
- A dog may never be tied up outside of a cabin.
- No other animals are allowed.
Pet policy is subject to change without notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read below to learn more about River Vista
Any individual or legal entity may purchase a lot at River Vista. River Vista is not an age restricted resort. All are welcome.
RV lots at River Vista are sold fee simple with a limited warranty deed to the lot. Owners may buy their lots outright or mortgage them. Each lot is surveyed and boundaries are marked with iron pins. River Vista is not a membership or timeshare resort. However, all lot owners are required to become members of the Community Association and pay monthly and other association fees. For more information about the Community Association and the obligations of the lot owners, please see the Declaration of Protective Covenants, Conditions, Restrictions and Easements for River Vista as set forth in the public records.
The resort is being developed and marketed by Oakdale Wylie Corporation, a Florida corporation formed in 1997. Oakdale Wylie Corporation acquired the property in 1999 to develop River Vista RV Resort and has owned the River Vista portion of the resort ever since. River Vista is the only development Oakdale Wylie owns or manages. While River Vista is their only RV resort, the owners and executive employees of Oakdale Wylie have been designing and building real estate projects for over 25 years.
Only licensed and road ready motor homes, travel trailers, and fifth wheel trailers in like new condition are permitted at River Vista. The resort operator reserves the right to refuse entry to any RV or vehicle deemed not in like new condition or considered by the resort operator to be incompatible with River Vista Community Association standards.
The resort is open year round and owners may use the resort at any time. Each owner must maintain a primary residential address at another location to which notices and invoices may be sent. The resort is a recreational facility and is not intended for permanent, year round occupancy. RVs may be left on site but may not be skirted, or semi permanently set up. The Slick Rock creek lots may have permanent park model structures subject to the resort’s architectural guidelines.
River Vista is a domestic pet-friendly environment. Outdoor pets must be kept on a leash at all times and pet owners are responsible for both picking up after their pets and for controlling their behavior to avoid any disturbances to lot owners or guests.
Lot owners may leave their RV on their lot when they are not present in the resort. Depending on the size of the lot, a second vehicle (a small car) may be parked within the lot.
Owners and renters are allowed up to two vehicles on each lot including their RV, when the lot is being used. Vehicles must be parked within the lot boundaries.
Facilities are open to lot owners, their guests, and renters invited to use the facilities by the site owners. Facilities include the clubhouse, outdoor heated (in season) pool and spa, indoor heated pool and sauna, the Mountain Village Center, laundry rooms, restrooms and showers, fitness center, fishing pond, and the Mud Creek Pavilion. The resort developer is retaining lots in the resort and will continue to rent its lots to vacationers through the resort operator. Those vacationers will also be able to use the facilities.
River Vista offers many fun activities to participate in during the summer months. Owners and guests are encouraged to attend game nights (including bingo), campfire cookouts, outdoor family movies, and other specialized events such as exercise classes or dances that our staff plans and hosts in conjunction with the Community Association Social Committee. Last year we had 250 people at our Thanksgiving dinner. Occasionally there will be a minor fee associated with special activities to cover the cost of dance instructors, materials, etc.
Dillard is the ideal vacation spot because there are many attractions that are only a short drive away from the resort. We are close to national forests with great hiking trails and waterfalls, scenic farms to ride horseback through, trout fishing, golfing, gem mining, snow tubing and these are just a sample of attractions in the area. Highlands, NC, famous for its shopping, is only a 15 mile drive away. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Cherokee Historic Park, and Maggie Valley Ski Resort are only about an hour drive from River Vista, and amusements in Gatlinburg, TN are only an hour and a half away.
The Community Association fee is currently $111.37 per month, and is paid quarterly ($334.11 per quarter). Included in the Community Association’s fee are water, sewer, Wi-Fi, cable television for your lot and common areas; property taxes, insurance, and electric for common amenities; maintenance of common facilities, and lawn mowing of owners’ lots and common areas.
Lot owners pay property taxes for their individual lots, electricity, telephone, and hardwired internet access (if needed). Lot owners are responsible for maintaining their own lot landscaping and lot improvements, with the exception of lawn cutting. Lot owners must maintain insurance on their RV and liability insurance on their lot.
Most lots are between 1650 sq. ft. (30’x 55′) to 3000 sq. ft. (40′ x 75′) depending on location. Several lots are larger. Each lot includes a gravel RV parking pad, 30 and 50 amp electric service, water, sewer, cable TV and Wi-Fi. Each lot is sold as is. Lot enhancements such as upgraded landscaping, expanded paved areas, and storage facilities can be constructed at a later date by the purchaser and designed and built in accordance with rules and regulations set forth in the architectural guidelines and the Community Association architectural review process.
River Vista RV Resort has an onsite management staff, which attends to the day to day operational needs of the resort. The resort operator staff reports to the declarant (Oakdale Wylie Corporation), which works closely with the River Vista Mountain Village Community Association, Inc. and the Falls View Mountain Village Community Association, Inc. (the two associations which comprise the property of the resort) in a harmonious, cohesive manner. The River Vista Mountain Village Community Association will be turned over to the lot owners when the conditions for turnover are met in the Declaration of Protective Covenants, Conditions, Restrictions and Easements for River Vista. Everyone’s intent is to enjoy quality time at this vacation resort community and keep it looking beautiful for years to come.
Acquiring an RV lot is a big step and there are many factors that make this move more attractive for many RVers of all ages.
Reservations are never needed. It is your RV lot and is guaranteed to be available for you to use indefinitely, regardless of season. The Resort Operator intends to continue operating a reservation system and you will reserve your lot ahead of time so that there won’t be any conflicts, should you choose to participate in the park operator’s voluntary rental assistance program.
In all likelihood, your neighbors at River Vista will have similar interests as you, making the resort a community of like-minded people and helping to forge lasting friendships. This has already been a great success in the Falls View section of the park, and part of the appeal of the overall resort.
Rising gas prices and the possibility of fuel shortages are causing many long time RV’ers to look for alternative ways to use their RV. Purchasing an RV lot is one of the most economical ways of owning a Georgia vacation property, and provides a great way to use your RV for years to come. If you want spend several weekends in the mountains and return home during the week to work or spend time with the grandchildren you can leave your RV here and just drive your car back and forth.
You may personalize your lot in many ways ‘ improving parking surface areas, a patio, an outdoor kitchen, landscaping, creating a garden, or perhaps adding a small 8’x6’ storage facility are some of the upgrades owners may wish to consider. (Lot improvements are subject to architectural guidelines.)
Lot ownership is an ownership of real property and you should consider the same factors as you would in owning other real estate assets.
RV lots are property and can be passed on to children, grandchildren, or others.
Lot ownership fixes the cost of your RV lot for the long term. While property taxes, insurance, and association fees may rise over time (and may be controllable by the Property Association), the principal and interest payments associated with some mortgages remain constant. Daily, weekly, monthly, and annual RV lot rental rates have been increasing in recent years, typically at about 10% per year.
Lot ownership will allow you to place your lot in a voluntary rental program administered by the resort operator when you are not using your lot, or you may rent the lot yourself or through a third party to registered and approved guests, or not at all. It is your lot.
The developer is offering financing of up to 10 years, fixed at 8% for the first 5 years with 20% down. The loan could be for 3, 5, or 10 years. If the loan is over 5 years, it will adjust after the 5th year to the prime rate (as set forth in the Wall Street Journal) plus 1% for the remaining term. There are several other lenders available that have expressed an interest in lending on these lots; but we make no representation as to their capacity in this area.
They are complete NOW. You do not have to buy now and hope that the developer finishes the project. This development is finished. Our staff at the resort will be glad to make available to you copies of the Bylaws of River Vista Mountain Village Community Association, Inc., the Declaration of Protective Covenants, Conditions, Restrictions and Easements for River Vista Mountain Village, and the Declaration of Reciprocal Easement and Operating Agreement, which are on file with the Rabun County Public Records.